Sunday, June 27, 2010

And then there were four...

On May 20th our family grew by 21 inches 8 pounds and 7 ounces. I remember being greeted by this bloody screaming baby staring at me over the blue curtain and all I could think is "she's beautiful".  Four weeks later I look at her and our family, boy have things changed!  Of course Mary-Wilkes is still beautiful; I on the other hand have lost that pregnancy glow (which has been replaced by dark circles and a sweaty forehead) and gained a stomach that looks like a deflated air bag with a belly button as big as a doughnut hole.  My suggestion to all moms after they have a baby, get a sling or a baby back pack - it hides all of that and the baby normally takes away all the attention from how you look anyway. 
I think Tad still lives here, I'm pretty sure I heard him snoring last night lucky s.o.b.  Normally when he gets home he's on Libby duty so I can brush my teeth, go to the bathroom, and on a good day get in a quick shower.  Though on some days we rarely cross paths until we climb into bed (all four of us), I feel like we're more in love then ever.  The days we had filled with dinner dates and conversations about the future are now filled with grilled cheese sandwiches and discussions about which daughter has pooped the most that day; Mary-Wilkes is winning by the way.  It's funny how fulfilling melted cheese can be when you are sharing it with your best friend while watching Yo Gabba Gabba for the third time that day. 
But all joking aside we are loving every minute of our growing family.  Some days we say what a breeze two kids are, and then come 1:30 am I'm crying to Tad screaming that I can't wait until they turn ten and twelve.  I haven't slept 3 hours straight in over five weeks; everyone keeps waiting for me to crack.  I myself keep waiting to have a nervous breakdown (which I'm sure will be at Publix seeing that I always have such great luck there).  I think I haven't because once you get past the sleep deprivation, frazzled nerves, and the body odor, I'm actually very content and happy with my life.  I have two beautiful girls (one who is just like me and the other who is just like Tad) and a wonderful husband who does more for us then I like to take the time and realize.  From here on out there is no slowing down, just catching up.    

PS- to all my blog readers I have about three other posts saved and almost ready to publish.  It only took me four days to write this one with Libby crawling all over the kitchen table and Mary-Wilkes attached to my...boob. (there i said it)
PPS- i'm having problems uploading pictures...bummer

1 comment:

  1. brava!!! i miss seeing you and i must come visit soon =)

    your family is amazing and im sure those are they best grilled cheese sandwiches in the world! =)

    ReplyDelete