Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Please pass the pie...

Out of all my "hobbies", the one hated most by Tad is fad dieting.  When I diet, the whole house diets...but it's never just as simple as eating healthier, it's always something much crazier, for example:
1. The 17 day Chicken & Yogurt Diet
2. The Leek & Onion Soup Diet
3. The High Protien Diet aka The Bacon, Chicken, & Egg Only Diet
4. The No Flour No Sugar Diet
or the infamous -
5. The Raw Diet
As with all of them I never lost much weight.  Not because they didn't work but because I have a serious issue called "ZERO WILLPOWER".  I am a slave to cake as much as I am to love...it is my enemy and my best friend - all rolled into one delicous pan and topped with a light and airy buttercream...aahhh!

Back to my dieting - This week I started something I knew I could commit to; A Ten Day Shakeology Challenge.  After all 10 days is just 10 days...hmph, well today is Day 3 and i'm ready to scream.  I want cake, I want pie, I want anything solid that doesn't sip through a straw!!!  The shakes are amazing, they are chocolatey, and they do fill me up...but I just need some sustinance in the form of a pastry! 

Our fridge is filled with fruits and veggies, skinless chicken breast, and whole grain oats...Tad is starving and I swear my stomach has eaten itself, now if it would just eat my ass too...As we all know, dieting it is always accompanied by crazy, violent, irrational mood swings (what's new right?)...maybe it's the lack of fats and goody-oody carbs, or maybe it's our idiot husbands.  After only Day 2 of my challenge I find out that Tad has hoarded away a rather large box of Nabisco Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies in his truck - WHAT A FREAKIN' JERK!  It took practically all evening of the silent treatment for him to figure out I was mad at him...Well, it has been one day and all I can think about are those cookies.  I'm so ready for dessert again...but I guess if I had the choice between a slice of pie or losing 10 pounds I would choose the pie weightloss. 

Only seven more days to go, we will see if Tad survives or if I kill him...at this point i'm willing to watch him ride off into the sunset with some skinny girl...just as long as he leaves behind the cookies.
For your viewing pleasure...


I'm making these next month...

Counts as a serving of fruit right?

2 comments:

  1. I never told you that I used to be big into baking too. I've made every cupcake, muffin, pie....all of them. Then I got fat. I've lost 10 lbs per year since I quit baking without even dieting! It's a difficult hobbie to have if you don't like being a fatty! I am really impressed at how you've managed to stay in shape! Hmmmm....maybe you should come up with cupcake/muffin diet. The 10 day pastry challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I haven't had cake in forEVER!!" Remember that day???

    ReplyDelete